Wednesday, June 16, 2010

W.I.P. Wednesday

Man Bag



For my guy, who's always on the go, a sling-it-over-your-shoulder-and-go kind of bag. So far it's carried everything from the lap-top to sliding gloves.  The goal was to make it small enough that he can take it anywhere, be it, in the car or on the long board... but large enough to fit the computer and its gear.  It has no zippers, no real buckles (just a few optional snaps for security), and only a couple pockets.  I wanted it to be very simple and versatile... successes! The burlap coffee bag ended up being just the right choice for the outside, having a great casual and unique look to it... and you can't forget about the *durability*, excellent for this active stud that I am so in love with.  He told me a couple weeks ago, "I really like my new bag, it's perfect". "Perfect?!" that man sure knows how to make my day! 


6 comments:

Kyle Ray said...

That is a good man bag! Looks functional and cool and nothing like a purse.

Brittney Harmon said...

Thank you kind Sir! Danny will appreciate your observations... good man bags are hard to come by (and hard to make)!

Patty-Jean from LittleQuiver said...

That is a fantastic bag, just in time for Father's day...it also looks like it could be a great diaper bag!
Nice to meet another Believer - love your's and your hubby's hair. For years I wanted dreads - my hubby says that he would "dread" it ~smile~ part of his french humour;) So for now, I'll enjoy seeing it on other people!

Kerrie said...

This is an awesome bag...my husband would love this! I may give it a try one of these days...Thanks for sharing!

hook and needle said...

Sweet bag!

erin said...

I agree, it is perfect. I love the burlap & think it is pretty awesome for carrying a laptop. Not girly at all, but all the same I want that for myself, seriously!