Thursday, November 13, 2008

Under Worked

As I'm sure some of you have been experiencing, there is very little work to be had out there (especially in construction we are hearing).  

Danny's work has been more off than on lately, but we're keeping our head above water.  Mostly because we are super thrifty and cheap (by nature) and saved a lot when the work was good and money was plentiful.  Of coarse we were saving for something cool, not for bills.  I just got word, though, that Danny's work is picking up, so we will have at least a couple months of good steady income... wha who!

I truly feel for those of you that have been laid off, or just simply can not find work, and those of you that have no savings, or have debts to pay.  I really don't know what's going to happen with the economy, and who knows how bad it's going to get before it gets better.  But the thought in my mind that keeps me from feeling sorry for us Americans is this: 
We, even the broke ones of us, are hundreds of times richer than the rest of the world.  We have all the conveniences of indoor plumbing, electricity, heating and cooling, washing machines (even if they're at a laundry mat... I don't know anybody in America that washes all of their clothes by hand), and pretty much anything you could ever NEED.  We really lack for nothing.  I don't know anyone that is starving, or without some kind of shelter.  So all and all I would say we're doing really well (I guess it's always relative).

What do you think?  How are you guys surviving with this economy?  

1 comment:

Kyle Ray said...

We are surviving as well! Work ha slowed and we do make less than we did but God is amazing. Sometimes I sit back and look at what we make and our bills and marvel at how they defy math and balance out.