Wednesday, February 11, 2009

GD!

Welp, I thought I had it bad with this pregnancy... but now they're telling me that my blood sugar is off the charts.  That's right, I have the dreaded gestational diabetes.  

The Dr.s are a little perplexed because I was quite low on the charts with Sati, but this time my count is sooo high (204) it doesn't seem to make sense.  This could mean a couple of things: 
1) I was already becoming diabetic and pregnancy just sped it up (in which case it most likely won't go away after the baby is born). 
2) it was a total fluke and my blood sugar is really fine. 
3) it's just one of those things... I'll have to deal with it for the next three months and then again if we have more children (but will be fine when there is no child in the belly).

So, while this does happen to many women (and it's not that big of a deal), I'm asking for your prayers (in whatever way you feel lead to pray for me and my little #2).  Thanks!!

No comments: