Thursday, June 4, 2009

Baby blues...

I'm back and forth with feelings like...
"I wish it could all just stay like this!" -to- "will it never end?!?"


They say this is normal, and even title it "the baby blues". Like it's some kind of crazy chemical reaction that happens when you have a baby or something. Maybe it is, but I think it's more like "I haven't slept in weeks, there are two little ones screaming at the top of their longs, their dad's working late (again), I haven't had adult conversation in what seems like weeks, the house is thrashed (again), and I feel like I'm doing everything all by myself, blues." I don't think I need drugs... although it might be nice. It just seems to me that there is a perfectly good explanation for how I'm feeling (with or without the *crazy* hormones).

Not to say I don't love being at home with my girls, really, I do love it! There is just a couple times a day when I feel completely overwhelmed. Anybody else feel like that?

2 comments:

ColetteAshley said...

Yep, part of the reason I went back to work, but now I just miss her all day! You could be one of those moms that has playdates so you can talk to another mom while your kids play... Or you could move to rocklin... I'll be your adult friend and conversation! :) or you can hang with kyle. You guys can have playdates! I for one think that would be awesome!

Brittney Harmon said...

ok, so that sounds really bad... haha. Are you renting out your husband, and does he know it?

I don't think I could be a MOPS kind of mom... the whole play dates thing... meh! I don't really care that much about other people's kids (I know that sounds mean... I think I just burnt myself out after doing childcare for so long). I don't think I could sit there and chit chat about wether or not to breast feed for hours on end (that's what blogging is for). Anyways ~

I don't know about moving to Rocklin either, but I would love to see you guys more! You're my kind of people :o)