Friday, September 9, 2011

Weren't you pregnant? Cont...


I woke Danny up around midnight I think... grunting, "hey you, come and do your effin part... love of my life".  Apparently he got the message... cause he was a-freaking-mazing! With a little guidance from his sister *amazing birth partner, sister* he was providing counter pressure, helping me into the shower, and comforting me perfectly.  Seriously, people, he was awesome!

And then... everything stopped being amazing.  Contractions were coming back to back and my mind and body were taking bets on who would go first... not cool anymore! not fun anymore! and who's dumb idea was it to give birth in a house that we'd only lived in for three days? (I'm actually not sure that I thought about the house at all, but looking at those pictures sure makes me wonder aloud, now... more adventure anyone...?)

More people showed up... Michelle's (Danny's sister) husband, Neal (he was officially coming to take Michelle home since she had been puking her guts out... yeah, she's hard core) and the lovely Katie B.  Was this before or after I started loosing my mind... no idea.  Does any one remember? Was I foaming at the mouth?

So now we have 5 people in our living room where we are living out of boxes and half the outlets don't work... what the freak was I thinking?  Doesn't matter now, go with it...

Enter AQUA-DURAL (lovingly nicknamed by my midwife)... the birthing tub.  I climbed over the side in between contractions and actually started to giggle.  Nothing had felt this good in all of my life (well, that's what I was thinking at the time... I've taken a bath since and It was no big whoop).  I could not help but smile, it felt so good!  "*giggle**giggle* I AM A GODDESS *snort**giggle**giggle*", even had Michelle fanning me so I didn't get over warm.  I really was a goddess, and treated like one, too.

Does this look like active labor to you?
To Be Continued...

1 comment:

Kate said...

Love! You guys took enough showers to last you a normal month :-) And you were totally with us, you'd say "just a sec" or michelle would put up a finger to her lips and we'd know you were having a contraction and we should shut it. Then you would talk and laugh with us again :-) And oh boy, that aquadural! It was fantastic to see you have such immediate and intense relief!